Monday, September 19, 2011

Pontiac Firebird - How do I change my Remote Keyless Entry so the Headlights don't open?

I have a 1999 Pontiac Firebird. A few weeks ago, I noticed my passenger headlight wasn't coming up. Within a couple of days, whenever I used the remote keyless entry the headlights would both open/close - despite the fact that they'd never done that before. Suddenly both headlights seemed to work. Within a couple of days, the remote keyless entry didn't cause that, but just for the interior lights to come on - the way I had it set all along and liked it.



Today for some reason, the headlights are coming up again when I use the keyless entry.



I know the manual says something about removing radio fuses to change the remote keyless entry preferences, but it's obvious to me that isnt' required. I just dont' know what I'm doing to make it change. Any ideas? Thanks!Pontiac Firebird - How do I change my Remote Keyless Entry so the Headlights don't open?When you press the transmitter the BCM detects the signal and reacts by supplying the necessary activation (output signal) to the correct circuit (function). Since the only way to activate the headlamp doors is through the headlamp circuit, a malfunctioning parking lamp control circuit (BCM output) may be to blame. This is integral to the BCM and if it is malfunctioning, would require a BCM replacement.

Note..one of the features of the transmitter is a panic mode. When this feature is energized the siren and the park lamps will be activated.Pontiac Firebird - How do I change my Remote Keyless Entry so the Headlights don't open?Usually with keyless remotes you can hold down certain buttons for a certain amount of time to change settings like that. Like I know with a Jeep Liberty you can hold down Lock and unlock simultaneously for 5 seconds turn the horn chirp on and off. Sounds like the lights popping up are one of these settings. Look in the manual or start googling to figure out how to change things.Pontiac Firebird - How do I change my Remote Keyless Entry so the Headlights don't open?Electronics depend on a certain level of voltage to act as designed. If your battery is good I would first reset the system. If the problem is still there then I would have to agree with the BCM being the source of your problem.
  • band myspace
  • horrible cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment