Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I reset the check engine light in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?

I recently changed a fuse but the light is still on. Is there anyway to reset the computer other than disconnecting the battery?How do I reset the check engine light in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?take it to a parts store have them read the code to make sure everything is ok and have them turn it off with there hand held code reader,they do this for free most places do anyway.How do I reset the check engine light in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?Just be aware that turning it off will only work for a very short time if you don't correct the malfunction which caused it to come on in the first place. As others said, it can be turned off with a scanner, but if the malfunction still exists it will come on again very shortly.How do I reset the check engine light in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?disconnecting the battery works so why u want it done another way? and just for your info, autozone will read your codes for you but they will NOT reset it for you, they advised me it is against the law for them to reset it.How do I reset the check engine light in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?i think the newer cars you have to take it to the garage and have them reset it. you still should have a warranty on that car.How do I reset the check engine light in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?You will need an OBD scanner. I'd take it to Auto Zone or other auto parts store that does scans for free. Ask them to clear your CEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment