Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fuse or cigarette lighter?

So I was having a problem with my cigarette lighter. So, I changed the fuse, and it worked again. Thing is, it will only work one time. Once I unplugged something, the fuse blows. This has happened several times, and I檝e put a new fuse in each time. This leads me to believe the problem is my cigarette lighter, not my fuse. If this is the case, how can I fix this and if I can檛 do it myself, how much would it cost to get it done at a shop?Fuse or cigarette lighter?Take a cig lighter out of a friends car and put it in yours, if it pops the fuse then you know it's something else. If it doesnt then go to a parts house and buy a new one, they are very cheap.Fuse or cigarette lighter?They are a big coil spring that causes resistance from being shorted out and heat up. When they get old the spring warps and shorts out on itself. This increased the load on your electrical system and blows the fuse.



Basically get a new lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment